Q1. Compare to Nickel Cadmium (NiCd)
Disadvantages of Nickel Cadmium (NiCd) include:
Q2. Compare Lithium to Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH)
Commonly used in starter batteries for internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles Lead Acid is normally a low-cost secondary battery, composed of a lead-dioxide cathode, a sponge metallic lead anode, and a sulphuric acid solution electrolyte. The heavy metal element makes lead-acid batteries toxic and improper disposal can be hazardous to the environment.
Side effects of Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) batteries include:
Q3. Compared to Lead Acid
Disadvantages of lead-acid batteries include:
× Failure between several hundred and 2,000 cycles
Q4. Sodium (Na-NiCl2)
When not in use Sodium (Na-NiCl2) batteries typically require to be left on the charge, in order to be available for use when needed.
If shut down, the reheating process lasts 24 hours, and then a normal charge process of 6-8 hours is required for a full charge. Inefficiency due to energy consumption when not in use.
FAQ II – BSLBATT® Lithium Battery Replacement Lead Acid Battery
There is so much information to learn about LiFePO4 technology and the benefits of switching from lead-acid to lithium. Embrace green energy and get answers to your LiFePO4 frequently asked questions below.
Q5.What’s the weight difference between LiFePO4 batteries and lead-acid batteries?
Typically, LiFePO4 batteries are about a quarter of the weight of lead-acid batteries. What does this mean for your LiFePO4 battery applications? You aren’t weighed down by heavy lead-acid batteries, allowing your vehicles to run at a higher speed and with more efficiency.
Q6. Are Nexgen LiFePO4 batteries safe?
LiFePO4 batteries are both durable and safe for use in vehicles from golf carts to yachts. Built-in safety features prevent your battery from overheating by shutting it down when temperatures rise too high. Most lead-acid batteries lack this mechanism, putting your battery at risk of catching fire.
Q7. What if there isn’t a LiFePO4 battery on the market that fits my application?
LiFePO4 batteries are customizable for your energy needs, making it easy to switch from lead-acid batteries, regardless of the type of vehicle.
Q8. How long do LiFePO4 batteries last?
LiFePO4 battery life is 10 times longer than that of a lead-acid alternative. Even when charging and draining LiFePO4 batteries once each day, LiFePO4 technology offers more than 13 years of life, while the competition lasts less than two years.
Q9. What am I able to use the BSLBATT® battery for?
BSLBATT® batteries area unit ordinarily used for Marine, Recreational vehicles, Golf Cart applications, CCTV, robotics, PV energy storage, etc. BSLBATT® Battery is used for any system or application that will unremarkably use a Lead-acid battery (AGM, GEL) in 12V, up to 48V. After removing your previous batteries, place the BSLBATT® battery within the same means. you will use equivalent cables to reconnect the BSLBATT® battery.
Q10. Do I want to recharge the battery directly when operating?
BSLBATT® lithium-ion 12V or 48V batteries may be partly charged or discharged in contrast to Lead Acid batteries that must be absolutely charged when use or before storage. as an example, you’ll leave your battery 0.5 charged for a few weeks with no issue.
If you propose to store the battery for a protracted amount (> a pair of months), you would like to charge the battery at minimum twenty-fifth of SoC (State of Charge) before storage. it’s necessary to examine battery voltage every six months throughout storage.
Q11. How do I charge a BSLBATT® Lithium-ion battery?
BSLBATT® Lithium-ion technology uses the most recent and most advanced intrinsic battery management system (BMS) to watch and stop injury to the battery throughout use. you will utilize a Lead-acid charger with a BSLBATT® Lithium battery, however, some customers prefer employing a Lithium charger to stay a much better life.
Several charging sources area unit possible:
● Alternator: Most alternators (marine, RV, cars) can with efficiency charge BSLBATT® lithium-ion technology as before long generator charge voltage is between fourteen.0V and 14.6V (for a 12V battery)
● Conventional lead-acid accumulator charger: Wisdom Power® Battery Management System (BMS) is intended to be compatible with customary chargers. you would like to ascertain that the charger encompasses inherent CC/CV charge algorithmic rule (Constant Current / Constant Voltage) and the charger most voltage is comprised between fourteen.0V and 14.6V (for a 12V battery)
● Lithium-Ion charger: this can be the simplest thanks to charging Wisdom Power® Lithium-ion battery. These chargers embed some dedicated charge algorithmic rules with precise charge voltage. It conjointly manages with efficiency charge floating voltage and period so as to maximize battery life.
Q12. Are lithium batteries harmful to the environment?
LiFePO4 batteries are easily recyclable, and since they only need to be replaced about once a decade, you’re cutting down on waste produced. LiFePO4 technology is compatible with solar applications, and you may also choose to buy a battery made from recycled material.
Q13. How long will a BSLBATT® battery last?
BSLBATT® advanced lithium-ion technology can give you 3000 complete charge and discharge cycles at eightieth DoD (Depth of Discharge). once 3000 cycles, you may still have over eightieth of usable energy left. just in case you discharge BSLBATT® at the sixty-fifth DoD rate, you’ll be able to expect to urge 5000 cycles.
● Example 1: One BSLBATT® 12V-100Ah battery, once being discharged at eightieth DoD for 3000 cycles, is currently a 12v 80ah battery.
● Example 2: One BSLBATT® 12V-100Ah, once being discharged at sixty-fifth DoD for 5000 cycles, is currently conjointly a 12v 80ah battery.
In terms of your time period, If you discharge eightieth of the BSLBATT® and so recharge it on a daily basis, seven days every week for eight years, you may still have eightieth of usable battery energy left. this can be an outsized increase in period of time compared to a traditional Lead Acid battery (AGM, Gel) rated at five hundred cycles for five hundredth DoD cycles.
Q14. Is charging LiFePO4 batteries time-consuming?
LiFePO4 technology offers 100 percent charging efficiency, drastically reducing the amount of time you must wait for your battery to charge. Lead-acid batteries average a charging efficiency of 85 percent. Unlike lead-acid batteries, lithium doesn’t need to go through the time-consuming absorption phase, which provides the final 20 percent of power during charging. Lithium receives a full charge in a fraction of the time.
Q15. How does lithium’s shelf life compare to that of lead-acid?
Unfortunately, lead-acid batteries deteriorate unless you charge them every day. Lithium maintains most of its usable capacity even if you store it without charging for a year. For optimal protection, experts recommend storing LiFePO4 batteries at 50 percent depth of discharge (DOD).
Q16. How much maintenance do LiFePO4 batteries require?
The short answer is virtually none. While lead-acid batteries must go through routine saturating charges lasting 14 hours or longer, LiFePO4 technology maintains consistent power even if you only charge it partially. However, extreme temperatures may damage your battery, and you should take care to charge it at the right voltage. 14.6 V is the recommended charging voltage.
Q17. What is the Battery Management System (BMS) and the way will it work?
Each BSLBATT® embeds an inherent BMS. This BMS could be an advanced style that manages 2 main aspects of the battery throughout operation :
Protection options :
● Low Voltage Protection Switch – mechanically disconnects at ten.0V
● Over Voltage Protection Switch – mechanically disconnects at fourteen.8V
● Short Circuit Protection Switch – mechanically and safely disconnects battery
● Reverse Polarity Protection Switch – mechanically and safely disconnects battery
● Over-temperature – mechanically shut-down battery till traditional temperature recovery
Balancing options :
● Internal cell reconciliation – mechanically balances Wisdom Power® cells throughout battery operation. reconciliation algorithmic rule has been developed to confirm excellent balance between cells throughout battery life.
● Charge reconciliation – for BSLBATT® connected in parallel and/or nonparallel, the BMS can balance
every BSLBATT® severally, so as to produce a perpetually balanced battery system.
Q17. How to place Lithium-Ion batteries?
The BSLBATT® merchandise is designed around AN assembly of sealed cells. there’s no risk of solution leak. the full of the block cells and embarked natural philosophy is firmly fastened within the battery casing.
Q18. What if there isn’t a Lithium iron battery on the market that fits my application?
● LiFePO4 batteries are customizable for your energy needs, making it easy to switch from lead-acid batteries, regardless of the type of vehicle.
Q19. How does lithium’s shelf life compare to that of lead-acid?
● Unfortunately, lead-acid batteries deteriorate unless you charge them every day. Lithium maintains most of its usable capacity even if you store it without charging for a year. For optimal protection, experts recommend storing LiFePO4 batteries at 50 percent depth of discharge (DOD).
Q20. What effect can the temperature bring to the battery performance?
● Among all the environmental elements, temperature has the biggest effect on battery performance. The electrochemical reaction on the electrode/electrolyte interface is connected with the temperature. The electrode/electrolyte interface is considered the heart of the battery.
● If the temperature gets lower, the reaction rate of the electrode also gets lower.
● If the battery voltage keeps invariable, the discharge current becomes lower, and also the power output will be reduced.
● If the temperature goes up, the condition is reversed. That is, the battery’s power output will increase.
● The temperature will also affect the speed of the transmission of the electrolyte.
● If the temperature goes up, the speed of transmission will be faster.
● If the temperature goes down, the speed of transmission will be slower.
Q21. Why choose us?
BSLBATT is a professional lithium-ion battery manufacturer, including R&D and OEM services for more than 18 years. Our products comply with ISO/CE/UL/UN38.3/ROHS/IEC standards. The company takes the development and production of advanced series “BSLBATT” (best solution lithium battery) as its mission. BSLBATT lithium products power a range of applications, including solar power solutions, microgrids, home energy storage, golf carts, RVs, marine, industrial batteries, and more. The company provides a full range of services and high-quality products, continuing to pave the way for a greener and more efficient future of energy storage.