|Cleaning machines require a demanding amount of energy—they must always be ready to use without stopping for lengthy recharges. The intensive discharges require high energy throughput and high charge acceptance. Often operating in sensitive environments, such as retail, schools, and hospitals, operators are looking for a maintenance-free, sealed, and environmentally-friendly energy solution.
More and more, street sweepers are turning their power source from diesel to electric to improve sustainability. To overcome all these challenges a floor care equipment energy solution must be powerful and flexible, easy-to-use, and safe.
Floor scrubbers and sweepers are a major investment for a business to make. And there’s no question that keeping your scrubber/sweeper well maintained will help it last longer and perform better. So what are the recommended steps for maintaining your floor cleaning equipment? Easy. Make sure your investment lasts by making certain that the parts are kept clean and in working order, and maintaining the battery.
Scrubber Battery Charging & Maintenance
Many people aren’t aware of how old their scrubber batteries are, or how much life is left in them. Problem solved! The experts at BSLBATT Batteries will test your batteries for free. If you find you need replacements, you’ll find a great selection of reliable, brand-name scrubber batteries for you to choose from.
Beyond this, there are myriad other ways to care for and maintain your floor care machinery.
Scrubber Battery Tips & Tricks
● Check your battery connections for worn or loose terminals and replace them if necessary.
● Keep all battery tops and terminals free of corrosion by cleaning them with a solution of baking soda and water and a wire brush. Don’t let the solution seep into the battery cells.
● Use only chargers with Automatic shut-off circuit, Deep cycle charging, Output amps: 9-20A, Output voltage: 24V.
● To avoid sparks, plug the charger into the connector of the battery pack, then plug the charger into the grounded wall outlet. The charger will automatically begin to charge the batteries and will automatically shut down once the batteries have been fully charged.
● For flooded batteries, always charge the machine after refilling the battery with water. (More on that later.) After charging, unplug the charger from the wall outlet first, then disconnect the charger from the machine. Check the battery fluid level after charging is complete. Replace caps. Plug in the battery pack.
● Only recharge the batteries after a total of 30 minutes of use or more. Be sure to keep the battery charged at all times. Storing it in a discharged condition can hurt the battery’s overall life.
Many floor scrubber batteries require water. As a matter of fact, low water levels are the leading cause of battery failure. To properly fill your scrubber battery, fill the battery cells with distilled water ¼-inch above the battery plates. Do not overfill. Note that VRLA Floor Scrubber Batteries do not need filling.
Beyond the Battery: Other Maintenance Requirements
● A little effort each time you clean will keep your machines in great working order.
● Recovery tanks should be emptied and rinsed after each use to prevent odor and build-up. Then, clean your shut-off filters and leave lids off so that they can thoroughly air dry.
● Empty your solution tanks with every use. Leaving solution in the tanks can clog filters and affect performance.
● Brushes and/or pads should be cleaned and rinsed after each use.
● Vacuum ports and squeegees should be cleaned after use, and before they dry out. (Poorly maintained squeegees won’t properly dry your floor, which can be dangerous for customers and employees.)
● Jets should be maintained regularly so that they spray evenly. Pro Tip: Soak them in a mixture of vinegar and water overnight to keep mineral deposits at bay.
And you’re done. It’s that easy! Simply follow these maintenance tips to keep your industrial floor scrubber or sweeper in optimal condition for longer.
Of course, you should reference your owner’s manual for further information and maintenance suggestions for your particular machine. In general, though, keeping your scrubber or sweeper clean and powered up is a good place to start.
Follow these guidelines to get the most out of your scrubber investment. You can get several years out of your scrubber batteries if you take care of them.
As always, BSLBATT Battery Corporation is here to answer your questions or concerns. Give us a call or stop by – we love to solve problems. Remember, “We Sell Batteries – Knowledge and Service are Free”.
THE BEST LITHIUM BATTERY FOR SOLAR STREET LIGHTS BSLBATT Lithium is China’s Lithium battery m...
Years ago, when an application required 36 volts, the best option was to connect three 12V bat...
48V Lithium-Ion Battery for Hybrid Power Solutions of Telecoms & Off-Grid Sites BSLBATT’s...
What is the Best Battery for Cold Weather? In order to make the most of the COVID-19 pandemic...
BSLBATT Lithium launches renewable energy storage solution Economic growth and growing popula...
Lithium Batteries for Floor Machines Cleaning industry professionals are always on new techno...
What Sets BSLBATT aside from the Competition? Customer Support and Superior Service. China H...
For “BSLBATT” (Best Solution Lithium Battery), the world leader in lithium batter...