|When your adventures involve countless miles or remote campsites, you need a trust worthy battery that won’t hold you back. While you may be on the fence or trying to learn as much as possible to make a smart investment for your recreational vehicle, BSLBATT is here to help you determine what you need to make the switch to lithium RV battery. Follow along for our tips.
Why You Should Convert Your RV To Lithium Batteries
First, you may be wondering why you should switch to BSLBATT lithium batteries instead of other brands. Let us explain! BSLBATT lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries deliver everything you need to support life on the road and off the grid. Our lithium RV battery are inherently safe and lightweight, you’ll not only travel more efficiently, but you’ll also do it with less of a footprint without sacrificing power, performance, and reliability.
Here’s 8 Reason’s Why a BSLBATT Lithium Upgrade Provides the Greatest Lifetime Value
● BSLBATT Lithium LiFePO4 batteries will provide double the usable power / double the run time of lead-acid. More power/run time means more time on the road without having to plug in at night. Allows for boon docking or camping off-grid with the confidence that your batteries will get you through the night (or with solar panels near indefinitely).
● BSLBATT lithium RV battery last 4X longer than lead-acid or AGM and will need to be replaced less often. Providing peace of mind and greater lifetime value. Backed up by a best-in-class 11-year warranty.
● BSLBATT Lithium weighs 60% less than deep cycle lead-acid batteries. Less weight means more maneuverability and speed and less wear and tear on your rig. And the batteries are light enough that you can easily install and service them yourself.
● BSLBATT’s lithium iron phosphate works down to negative 20 degrees Fahrenheit (-29 Celsius) meaning you can travel in all seasons.
● The self-discharge rate of a BSLBATT Lithium battery (i.e. how much power is lost each month the battery is not being used), is 1/4 that of a lead-acid battery, only 1-2% a month. That means if you take a break between adventures your batteries will still have plenty of power the next time you hit the road.
● BSLBATT lithium RV battery is optimized for solar energy with 50% more efficiency than a lead-acid battery.
● You need fewer batteries when you use a BSLBATT Lithium. Lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) has a flat voltage curve. That means that the voltage does not drop as you use the battery. You get all the juice down to the last drop. Historically if you power your house electronics with a deep cycle lead-acid battery you would only be able to use half of the capacity of the battery before the voltage is too low to run anything. That’s why your lights dim when your lead batteries are low.
● With BSLBATT lithium RV battery you can use all of the power of the battery, meaning that a 100 Ah battery from BSLBATT Lithium is equal to 200 Ah in lead-acid batteries.
● BSLBATT lithium RV battery has a 10-year warranty. That means you can install your batteries once, instead of replacing heavy lead-acid batteries every few years.
Why You Should Choose BSLBATT Lithium Batteries For Your RV
We believe our batteries are the best lithium batteries for your RV. Aside from the performance benefits of BSLBATT lithium batteries, our team of experts has over 190 years of combined experience so you can rest assured that your batteries were designed and engineered by the best in the business. Our Huizhou-based engineering team works hand-in-hand with our manufacturing facilities to ensure quality products that perform. Not only are we committed and able to deliver the best products, but we are proud to say our factory is ISO 9001:20015 certified. Plus, our commitment to safety and environmental sustainability for all of our products is why we invest in certifications like UN38.3, to ensure we meet the industry’s quality and safety standards. Should you have any questions or concerns about your battery or system, our China-based customer support team is happy to help via phone or email.
What Size Battery Do I Need?
Here’s a simple guide to battery recommendations. These recommendations assume you are either re-charging your battery bank every few days by connecting to shore power or charging via your alternator in your engine when you drive, or with solar panels (our personal favorite – with the low cost of adding solar panels it is both the most affordable, and the highest performance charging solution).
Size of RV / Van | What You’re Looking to Power | Recommended Battery
10′-14 ft | Lights, radio, electronics (laptop, cell phones, etc.), small fan | B-LFP 50 Ah x 1
10′-14 ft | Lights, radio, sm. electric cooler, tools, fans, electronics | B-LFP 100 Ah x 1
15′-20 ft | Lights, radio, stove, med. electric cooler/small fridge, electronics, fans | 1-2x B-LFP 100 Ah or 1x B-LFP 170 Ah
21′-30 ft | Lights, radio, stove, LG. electric cooler/small fridge, small tv, electronics, fans| 2x B-LFP 100 Ah or 1x B-LFP 170 Ah
31′-40 ft | Lights, radio, stove, medium fridge, large TV, electronics, large fans | 2-4x B-LFP 100 Ah or 2x B-LFP 170 Ah
40’+ ft | Lights, radio, stove & oven, fridge, TV, electronics, air conditioning* | 4-8x B-LFP 100 Ah or 2-5x B-LFP 170 Ah
*Please note, air conditioning appliances draw a lot of amps (power) and require a very large battery bank (400Ah+). Not recommended for small RVs or vans. The use of air conditioners is not covered under the warranty of many battery companies, including BSLBATT Lithium, since it is possible for air conditioning units to pull more power at one time than a single battery is capable of giving. Air conditioning is fine to use when connected to shore power and not pulling power from the house batteries.
Do I Need An Inverter In My RV?
Not every RV needs an inverter and not every inverter needs to be specific to lithium. If your system requires an inverter, all of them should be compatible with BSLBATT Lithium batteries. In general, not every system needs an inverter in an RV with our batteries. Only AC-powered appliances and devices require an inverter. Ultimately, if you switch from lead-acid to lithium RV batteries in your system, you won’t need a new inverter for your batteries.
Our lithium RV battery could match many different inverters. Our batteries service great function and could help to boost sales.
What Size Solar Panels Do I Need?
BSLBATT Lithium batteries are the best choice if you are considering adding solar panels to your RV, Van, or trailer because they have the highest efficiency rating for solar power. That means you get more power from each solar panel and can use more of the power you collect. A deep dive into solar power efficiency is here.
Here’s a size chart for what solar panels you need by the size of RV & how many BSLBATT Lithium batteries you have.
Size of RV | # of Batteries | Recommended Solar Panel Capacity
10′-14′ | 1-2x B-LFP 100 Ah | 100-115-Watt Rooftop
15′-20′ | 1-2x B-LFP 100 Ah | 150-170-Watt Rooftop
21′-30′ | 2x B-LFP 100 Ah | 300-watt rooftop
31′-40′ | 2-4x B-LFP 100 Ah | 500-600 watt rooftop
40’+ | 4-8x B-LFP 100 Ah | 700-1100 watt rooftop
IT’S TIME TO MOBILIZE WITH LITHIUM BATTERIES FOR MARINE AND RV APPLICATIONS
Whether you are looking for a new lithium RV battery bank for your RV or boat or considering replacing your aging lead-acid batteries, deep-cycle lithium-ion batteries – specifically LiFePO4 batteries – are an excellent solution. Compared to lead-acid batteries, LiFePO4 batteries offer more power, higher current, a longer life, smaller footprint, lower weight, and safe, maintenance-free operation. Are you ready to mobilize and go lithium?
See more options for lithium batteries at our website or contact us at +86-752-2819-469 to help you select the right lithium batteries for your specific needs.
Back in 2016 when BSLBATT first began designing what would become the first drop-in replacemen...
BSLBATT®, a China Forklift battery manufacturer specializing in the material handling indust...
MEET US! VETTER’S EXHIBITION YEAR 2022! LogiMAT in Stuttgart: SMART – SUSTAINABLE – SAF...
BSLBATT battery is a fast-paced, high-growth (200% YoY ) hi-tech company that is leading the a...
BSLBATT is one of the largest developers, manufacturers, and integrators of lithium-ion batter...
Electric forklift and Floor Cleaning Machines owners who seek the ultimate performance will fi...
China Huizhou – May 24, 2021 – BSLBATT Battery today announced that it has joined Delta-Q Tec...
Big News! If you are Victron fans, this will be a good News for you. In order to better match ...